The Ontario Stroke Network (OSN) is seeking applications/nominations for the OSN Board of Directors for two vacancies commencing June 2014. The OSN Board of Directors (Board) is responsible for the governance of the affairs of the OSN. The Board provides Organizational Governance for the OSN and System Governance1 in providing leadership and direction to advance the Ontario Stroke System (OSS). Each director is responsible to act honestly, in good faith and in the best interests of OSN and, in so doing, to support OSN in fulfilling its mission and discharging its accountabilities. Please see attached OSN Board of Directors Roles and Responsibilities for more information.
In reviewing the balance of Board member skills and expertise, we are focusing our recruitment in the following areas:
- Strategic Alliances;
- Human Resources;
- Government /Health Policy;
- Legal/Risk Management;
- Marketing and Public Relations;
- Academic/Research; and,
- Primary Care and/or Community-based Care practitioner.
In addition, personal experience as stroke survivor or caregiver would be an asset.
Applications from individuals with the above expertise are strongly encouraged. Applications with these skills will be given a higher weighting in our review process. Applicants do not need to be nominated. Please apply directly by completing the provided application form.
The generic qualities/personal attributes expected of all Members include:
- Systems thinking;
- An understanding of the role and mandate of a Board, including the roles and responsibilities and the difference between governance and operational management;
- An understanding of the obligation to act in the best interests of the OSN for organizational governance and the OSS in fulfilling the systems governance role;
- Personal and professional integrity and informed judgment;
- Ability to provide wise counsel, ask relevant questions at a strategic level, and to think critically;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and work as a team with other Board Members and
- OSN staff;
- Ability and willingness to commit the necessary time to participate in Board orientation and continuing education, Board meetings, committee meetings, retreats, OSN events, and meeting preparation;
- Ability to be free of actual or perceived conflicts of interest;
- Enthusiasm for the role and its demands; and
- Ability and willingness to represent the OSN as required within the Director’s community.
An application for membership is attached and should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m., Monday February 24th, 2014.
If you have any questions or require further information about OSN Board or nominations process, please contact me at email@example.com or 647-943-3198.
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Stroke Network.
- OSN 2014 Board Call for Nomination Letter
- OSN Board Roles and Responsibilities
- OSN Board Candidate Application
[hr style=”1″ margin=”20px 0px 20px 0px”]
1 System Governance – Provides leadership across the multiple levels of the OSS to create a new form of systems governance and provides strategic leadership to advance the OSS (transformational territory but OSNs main role). This responsibility is separate and distinct from organizational governance