The researchers propose that structured fitness programming could provide a supportive therapeutic environment to facilitate long-term changes in exercise behaviour. The components of the program are: supervised aerobic exercise with increased self-monitoring of patients’ progress, education regarding the benefits of physical activity, and development of plans to incorporate physical activity into everyday life.
- Do you work in Stroke Rehab in Ontario? Are you interested in helping to identify ways to improve Stroke Rehabilitation intensity reporting? April 5, 2017
- ICES Research Video Series: Moira Kapral on risks of swallowing problems after stroke March 29, 2017
- Stroke rehabilitation evidence and comorbidity: a systematic scoping review of randomized controlled trials March 17, 2017
- Updated Stroke QBP Handbook now available March 13, 2017
- Abstract Submission Site for 2017 Canadian Stroke Congress now open March 11, 2017