To examine the efficacy of virtual reality technology using the Wii Gaming system in the promotion of upper extremity functional recovery post stroke in a multi-centre trial. We hypothesize those stroke patients who receive virtual reality based therapy using the Wii gaming system (VRWii) up to 3 months following stroke will improve upper extremity function for activities of daily living greater than patients who receive recreational activities with identical inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Do you work in Stroke Rehab in Ontario? Are you interested in helping to identify ways to improve Stroke Rehabilitation intensity reporting? April 5, 2017
- ICES Research Video Series: Moira Kapral on risks of swallowing problems after stroke March 29, 2017
- Stroke rehabilitation evidence and comorbidity: a systematic scoping review of randomized controlled trials March 17, 2017
- Updated Stroke QBP Handbook now available March 13, 2017
- Abstract Submission Site for 2017 Canadian Stroke Congress now open March 11, 2017