Mechanisms for realizing the potential of the Canadian best practices guidelines for stroke survivors who leave acute care to enter long-term care homes have been developed, but the continuum of care is relatively underdeveloped for survivors who return to their home in the community. This project will investigate the potential for Personal Support Workers (PSWs), where they are already providing personal care (home care) to clients, to be more active coaches and supporters of stroke survivors and their family caregivers in home-based rehabilitation and community re-integration. It will also identify additional supports and training that PSWs may need to increase their contribution in this area.
- Do you work in Stroke Rehab in Ontario? Are you interested in helping to identify ways to improve Stroke Rehabilitation intensity reporting? April 5, 2017
- ICES Research Video Series: Moira Kapral on risks of swallowing problems after stroke March 29, 2017
- Stroke rehabilitation evidence and comorbidity: a systematic scoping review of randomized controlled trials March 17, 2017
- Updated Stroke QBP Handbook now available March 13, 2017
- Abstract Submission Site for 2017 Canadian Stroke Congress now open March 11, 2017