Dr. Robert Teasell
Professor, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Schulich School of Medicine
UHN Associate Professor Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
University of Toronto
This webinar will provide an overview of a few highlights in the newly released Stroke Rehabilitation module of the Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations, including:
- Optimizing outpatient and community rehabilitation, including Early Supported Discharge and continuity of care
- What is the new evidence for management of impairment in the lower and upper limb?
- What’s new in the assessment and management of dysphagia?
- What implications could the results of the AVERT trial have on rehabilitation practices?
- An overview of the integration of pediatric recommendations into the Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations.