The Southwestern Ontario Stroke Network (SWOSN) and London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) would like invite you to attend the following stroke education:
Stroke Rounds: Thrombolysis in Acute Ischaemic Stroke Beyond 3 Hours and Age 80
Presented by: Professor Joanna Wardlaw, Edinburgh University
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- Thrombolysis in Acute Ischaemic Stroke Beyond 3 Hours and Age 80
- Professor Joanna Wardlaw, Edinburgh University
- As Chief Investigator for Neuroradiology in the Third International Stroke (IST-3) Collaborative Group, Professor Wardlaw has extensive research expertise in intravenous thrombolysis outside the initial age and time limits labeled in the first approval of rt-PA.
- To discuss evidence for efficacy of intravenous thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke in the 3-4.5 hour window and in the very elderly.
- To discuss concerns about utilization of intravenous thrombolysis in the 3-4.5 hour window and the very elderly in Emergency Departments and Stroke Centres in the Southwestern Ontario region and across the Province.
- Physicians and other health care professionals with interest in acute stroke care.
*This educational lecture is made possible with the support of the Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSF) as part of the HSF H.J.M. Barnett Lectureship and Visiting Professorship.
Videoconference Event ID#: 47029679
HOST SYSTEM: LHSC – University Hospital, LON_LHSC_0383_UH_08
Webcast: Live & Archived.
In-person Viewing: Room A7-211, University Hospital, LHSC.